Sylvia

Monday, April 9, 2007

Mother nature is an amazing magician. Yesterday I was lost in a deep well of depression and despair, convinced that winter was eternal. The thin blanket of new-fallen snow may very well have been a harbinger of a new ice age. All this talk from Al Gore about global warming and I'm looking out my living room window at snow? In April? All those years I bought gasoline for my 318 cubic inch Jeep and purposely endured a 50 mile commute in a vain attempt to bring a little bit of the tropics to this corner of the world?! And this is the thanks I get?! Damn you hybrid gas/electric vehicles! Stupid hydrogen fuel cells! Help me Halliburton, you're my only hope!
But I digress.
Today I woke to green grass and blue sky. Nature had pulled her wintry tablecloth and had left the flowers standing. It might be 20 below out there. I don't care. The sky is blue and the snow is apparently gone. Today I am going to ride my bicycle.

No comments: